Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Brain Map

- Tonight I was in the studio painting and started thinking about how they say that scent is the strongest sense tied to memory.

- I started thinking about music and all the nights that I will never forget simply because of the song playing in the background.

- I think of certain people, friends, boyfriends, family members, and the exact feeling I had that night comes back, the smell of the room, what I was wearing, what everything around me looked like, exactly what I was thinking at that moment when we were talking, or maybe what I was thinking about while we were sitting in silence.

- I started thinking about how some "sophisticated" people think that certain music isn't "good" because its not hard enough to play.

- I started to wonder why it matters what chords are played or how they are played.

- Came to the conclusion that music's soul purpose (in my eyes) is to evoke some sort of emotion or feeling.

-As long as you can listen to a song, and it moves you in one way of the other, whether towards action, tears, sleep, or dance, I feel like music has accomplished it's purpose.

-How could God not be real if there is something as beautiful as music for us to hear everyday?


Songs that remind me / have some sort of significance in my life-

Dave Matthews Band- Dancing Nancies

Coldplay- Politik

Coldplay- Lovers In Japan

Bon Iver- Skinny Love

Matt and Kim- Daylight

Needetobreathe- Girl Named Tennessee

LCD Soundsystem- Beat Connection

SIA- Breath Me

Third Eye Blind- Narcolepsy

Incubus- Oil & Water

Jesse McCartney- (dont judge me.) Leavin'

John Mayer- Slow Dancing In A Burning Room

Eric Hutchinson- Rock & Roll

Avett Brothers- I and Love and You

The Strokes- Is This It

Something Corporate- Me and The Moon

Shane and Shane- Yearn

Shawn McDonald- Take My Hand

Passion Pit- Little Secrets

Hillsong- Hosanna

Needtobreathe- Daylight

Guster- Happier

Jump Little Children- Vertigo

No Doubt- Spiderwebs

M. Ward- Chinese Translation

Sufjan Stevens- In The Devils Territory

Sufjan Stevens- Chicago

...more later. bed now.

1 comment:

R Boyer said...

I am so glad that you had that thought. I believe fer sure that good music is music that moves people.

p.s. heal dat foot up.