Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Romans 1

I was reading Romans over the summer, but got side tracked at school and stopped. So I've decided to just start over.

My mom pointed out to me once that I don't have to cut everything out of my life so that nothing is placed before God. I have a fear of placing things and people before Him. Which I believe is a good fear, but sometimes I forget that we are given fellowship and relationships for a reason. Paul was talking to the Romans and telling them that he was longing to see them so that he could impart a spiritual gift upon them to make them strong, which was the spiritual gift of being mutually encouraged by each other's faith. Today, I'm really going make an effort to be encouraging to those around me, pursue God before all things, but be thankful for the friends and family I've been given.

No comments: