Monday, January 24, 2011

There are so many things I want to do and read but I feel like there is literally not enough time in the day to do what I want. Between double majoring, working, and training for my half, I feel like it leaves such little time for God. For serious, sit down, intentional, still, time. I bought a new roll of film, so instead of posting daily on my flickr I'm taking daily photos on my (Jivan's) film camera and I'll be posting them as a finished project.

Front to back-
As of right now I'm in Deuteronomy chapter 2. As far of my list of what God's characteristics are I've added Repetition. God is constantly (through Moses) recapping, and reminding the Israelites of where they have been physically and spiritually. He does this so much with us! Some of the greatest healing when you find yourself in a hard place is to remember previous hard times and how God brought you out of that, and what you learned from that. The book of James opens by telling us that it should be considered PURE JOY to go through difficult times, because it is only through difficulty that we will truly grow and mature.

I met a woman named Celeste last night at Waffle House. She is a beautiful soul. She encouraged me in a lot of ways, talking about her happiness, and being thankful for her alcoholism (she is now 3 years sober) because she knew God chose her for it so that He could show His grace in her healing. Which he has done. She works late night shifts every Sunday so she always misses church, but told us how blessed she was to have God bring the church to her by having multiple groups of young people from churches all over the city come to eat and talk at Waffle House after their church meetings. What a beautiful way to look at the church! As truly a body, a group of people, moving, meeting, conversing, and sharing with people.

No comments: