Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thankful Things

Lately I've found myself overwhelmed with thankfulness for things. Not because it's November or Thanksgiving or anything to do with a turkey. But because God is really who he says he is.

I'm so thankful that everything God says is true and that he is real, that I have a hope in the coming eternity and because I am a citizen elsewhere. There is such freedom in lack of control.

I'm also in a season where seeking God in all things seems more pressing than usual. Through stress of school, work, and relationships, knowing that God is enough for me is the most difficult thing, but then again I guess it always is.

I found a lot of comfort in reading 2 Corinthians this week.
"So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (12:7-10)

I rejoice in the fact that when trying to only speak when it glorifies God, the second I open my mouth I screw it up. I hope more than anything that you see my sin, but more importantly that you see me confess and repent from it.

I'm a terribly weak person, but I'm pretty happy about it.


No comments: